....from the Bundy House to Gabrella Manor
Robert C Bundy
1898 - 1993
1997 - 2017
"Bundy House (c. 1938) Spanish Colonial Revival; two story brick with terra cotta roof; turreted entry way with multiple patios and terraces. Interior features include large rooms designed for entertaining, multiple murals and original stained glass windows throughout, reflecting a Spanish theme, with textured walls, a grand staircase, a balcony overlooking the Great Room, arches and columns, tile flooring and original tile scenes in fireplaces."
"Originally designed by a Dallas architect commissioned by the first owner, Robert C. Bundy; the estate is located on approximately five acres of land and originally had a swimming pool and guest quarters. The Bundy family was well respected throughout Birmingham and was known for entertaining guests and visiting dignitaries to the city."
"Today the house remains a restored Birmingham landmark with the current owners, Brenda Jones and Steve Johnson, re-naming it Gabrella Manor in honor of her grandmother. The house sits at the edge of the Roebuck Springs Historic District and is used as a meeting place for celebrations such as weddings, anniversaries, etc."
-excerpted from Application to the National Register of Historic Places, October, 1998